We are the Hughes Donal, Janet and our daughter Aisling and her young family.
We have been hosting students for over 30 years. For the last 12 years we have been operating our unique Homestay Programme, based here in Co Mayo.
We enjoy meeting people from all over the world and welcome the opportunity to help make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
- Janet, the course director is a certified TESOL/TEFL teacher with a degree in Applied Taxation. She was a Scout Leader for many years in the Dublin area and enjoys the outdoors.
- Janet has a great interest in history. She will be your guide on hiking trips, coastal walks and visiting places of historical interest.
- Donal, a retired auditor, takes care of our mini- farm and organic garden. He is a keen fisherman and brings guests on fishing trips on the Atlantic Ocean ( weather permitting) and on local rivers and lakes in his Canadian canoes.
- He is a musician and provides button accordion lessons and hosts traditional music sessions here at our home.
We look forward to any of you musicians sharing your music with us.
He is also a Gaelic Games supporter and likes to attend Gaelic Football and Hurling matches throughout the summer months. Students are very welcome to join him.
Aisling is a certified TEFL and TESOL teacher . She has been involved in hosting students all her life as her parents have beenhosting students for over 30 years.
- Aisling has worked in many areas of the hospitality sector. She enjoys music, film , travel and meeting people. She is married to David and has 2 children.
- Aisling and her family will host you at their home in Foxford from where she also operates our full Outdoor and Cultural Programme in addition to English Language Tuition.